Whether you are in a relationship, single, or not really sure what’s going in your love life, Valentine’s Day can be stressful.
Coupled up? Here are 5 quick tips on how to make the “big day” stress free:
1) Stay in and cook: Not only will you save money (restaurants will mark their Valentine’s Day menus way, way up), but you also get to spend more QT with your Valentine. Restaurants on Valentine’s Day are crowded and many places are looking to get you seated, fed and out the door. Just make sure when you whip something up on Valentine’s Day it is something that is not overly difficult or that one of you has test driven before. This will prevent you from eating a block of cheese for dinner because the recipe turned out disastrous (been there).
2) Stick to small, thoughtful gifts: Roses and chocolates are classics, but this Fifty Shade of Grey stuffed animal…best to save the $90 and give something more sentimental.
3) Do something active during the day: This year Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday. Take some pressure off the night by doing something active during the day with your Valentine. Whether it’s hitting the gym, rock climbing or continuing to shovel out your car (nothing is more romantic in Boston), this is a great way to de-stress on Valentine’s Day.
4) The couple that laughs together, stays together. Improv Asylum is one of my favorite date night choices. The group puts on an awesome Valentine’s Day show that’s sure to have you and your Valentine laughing all night.
5) Remember it’s just a day! No matter how large that teddy bear or Russell Stover’s box of chocolate is, nothing beats spending time with your someone special.
Have any other ideas? Share below or on twitter using #yoproBTG @yoproblog.
(Tweet blogger @MonicaDeGiorgio)